Small Business Saturday is just around the corner : Saturday, November 24. To help you take advantage of consumers’ growing desire to help their communities thrive by supporting local small businesses, here are a few ideas on how to take advantage of this important shopping day, create excitement and get customers inside your doors to make a purchase:
- Offer one day discounts on a category you normally don’t put on sale, or on your entire merchandise.
- Create coupons for future offers and discounts, and include with each purchase.
- Offer free “professional” gift wrapping to make their holiday shopping a little easier.
- Give away prizes or host a contest. Put together a beautiful gift basket of bestselling Terranova products, and have customers fill out their contact info and email addresses to enter to win. It’s a great way to add to your customer emailing list!
- Give away a free gift with purchase. Terranova’s 1 oz Lotion Samplers are a wonderful giveaway, or give something more significant when they purchase a certain amount.
Let your customers know about your Small Business Saturday events by making a special sign for your windows, and in your store ahead of time. Use social media (facebook, twitter, pinterest, google+ etc) to invite your customers in and let them know of the specials you will be offering. On Small Business Saturday purchase helium balloons, place a board outside your business, offer cupcakes and tea… anything you can do to draw their attention and get customers to come in and make purchase!
If time permits, you might want to talk to your local Chamber of Commerce to see if they might be able to help you capitalize on Small Business Saturday. Talk to other small business owners in your town to see how you can band together to create excitement around Small Business Saturday and shopping local in general. For example, you could create a “Shop Local” sign for your town’s businesses that you would all place in yours windows to make customers feel good about helping out the community and encourage them to shop local.
Another great resource to look at is American Express’ Shop Small website which offers ready to print signs and lots of tips on how to capitalize on this special Saturday and help you to promote the “Shop Small” message to your customers.
So plan your Small Business Saturday today and take advantage of customers’ growing desire to shop small and help out their local businesses!