The same properties that make oats and oatmeal a nutritious “super-food” for breakfast, also make it “super-food” for your skin! The use of oats in skin care has been documented as far back as 2000 BC, and oatmeal is one of the few natural ingredients to receive recognition from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).1
In 1945 process of fine milling wild oats, called colloidal oatmeal, allowed wild oats to retain its naturally active benefits when added to various skin care products. Colloidal oatmeal is chocked full of vitamins, minerals and lipids that add moisture, naturally stimulates collagen production, and activates immune cells within the skin.1
Here are some of the key benefits of oats in skin care:
- Has anti-inflammatory properties and is perfect for most skin types, even the most sensitive skin.
- Contains saponins, a mild cleansing agent, that helps remove dead skin cells.
- Can help treat acne, eczema, rosacea and rashes.
- Aids in anti-aging
- Has skin lightning effects that can help to improve skin tone, texture, and smooth out blotchy areas.
- Repairs damage from other chemicals, such as alpha hydroxy acids, surfactants, and bleaches.
- Can help calm the skin.
- Helps reduce pore size.
Experience the power of this “super-food” and feed your skin with these oat infused Terranova products:
1 “Oatmeal Beauty Benefits: 5 Amazing Uses Besides a Hot and Hearty Meal,” Dana Oliver, The Huffington Post, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/05/oatmeal-beauty-benefits_n_4214053.html