With the holiday season upon us, being present and motivated can be challenging. At TerraNova, we believe that your internal, spiritual health is just as important as your external, physical health. Here are some things you can do to stay present and motivated and get through the months ahead*:
- Have a spiritual outlet – This is different for everyone, and examples include mediation, religious experience, hiking in the woods or taking a relaxing bath. The idea is to experience bliss without having thoughts.
- Focus on the positive – We realize that sometimes this is easier said than done, but often avoiding discussions relating to problems can help. Focusing on what’s good, instead of what’s bad, can help us tremendously!
- Be in the present – Just as receiving a present for the holidays is a blessing, living in the present is a beautiful gift as well!
- Talk about things that matter – The practice of forgiveness, love and gratitude are all subjects that build us as humans and create a safe space.
- Make time for you – Between errands, holiday parties, and shopping..make sure to set aside time to take a few deep breaths and refresh yourself and your energy. You can’t spread peace and joy when you don’t have any to give!
- Read inspiration out loud– Reading positive thoughts, quotes and stories out loud have more power because it is action. Imagine how stressful it is to hear someone yelling or crying. We can create the opposite by voicing our positive thoughts and energy.
- Set personal boundaries – Watching the news, or having tough conversations before a holiday social event can throw your energy off. It’s important to set boundaries on if and when we deal with stressful issues or topics.
- Review your day – Take time to reflect on your day and your accomplishments. Have a hard time cheering yourself on? Share your victories with us here and we’ll be your own personal cheer squad and celebrate beautiful you! 🙂
From all of us at TerraNova, have a Happy Holiday Season!
*#10 Things to Stay Present- Deedee Crossett, Skin, Inc., November 10, 2016 http://www.skininc.com/spabusiness/management/personnel/10Things-To-Stay-Present-400739901.html?utm_source=newsletter-html&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SI+E-Newsletter+11-11-2016&absrc=rdm